Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Exhaust Fans, CRAZY Children & A Locked Bathroom Door.....

Setting: MMC's Master bathroom, last Sunday morning while getting ready for church
WH: Muffin, why don't you use the exhaust fan? Is there something wrong with it?

MMC: No, Honey, I'm guess I'm just not in the habit.

WH: Well, it smells ALL THE WAY OUT HERE. Could you please turn it on...it only works well if you shut the door completely.

Setting: 3 days later, WH has been OOT since the previous scene. (dialogue in italics is MMC's thinking)

MMC: "I REALLY need to use the restroom, I'll just go in here for a minute while the kids are busy playing in their toy box in the bedroom. HMMMM. Things are quiet, Little Bit & Critter are both reading books on the floor. I think I'll try out that exhaust fan."

MMC goes into the water closet, shuts & locks the door (so that the fan works properly, and no short people barge in) and flips the switch for the exhaust.The tiny room is filled with a loud mechanical whirring.... but smells pleasant.


A very few, short, moments later....

(Child's voice, muffled, from somewhere outside the door): "I s...kji, I...sk, lp....Mama!"

MMC (as she opens the door & turns off the fan, and thus eliminating all previous benefits from the fan): " What's going on out there?!"

Critter: "Jump, Jump...HI, MAMA!!"

MMC: "Critter, what are you doing? (Now that fan is OFF and she can hear)

LB: "whimper, Help!"

C: "JUMP, JUMP!"

MMC: "Critter, what's LB doing"

LB: "I stuck, I stuck, Help Mama, I stuck!"

Critter: "Little Bit stuck in Mama's big bed!"

MMC hurriedly gets herself together, and runs into the bedroom to find Little Bit, wedged between the footboard and mattress, feet dangling, as the Critter jumps up and down on the bed trying to free him.

THAT'S WHY I DON'T USE THE EXHAUST FAN. ALL NOISE COMING FROM A ROOM WITH UNSUPERVISED CHILDREN MUST BE HEARD!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home