Friday, July 08, 2005

Stuff Portrait Friday




TGIF! This short week seemed to FLY by, and here we are at my first installment of Stuff Portrait Friday. Kristine asked us to take shots of these three things: magazine subscriptions, household pet peeve, and favorite framed photograph. The point of this exercise is for others to get a better idea of who we are, but I think I learned as much as anyone else will. Here are a few of my insights:
1. We receive ENTIRELY TOO MANY magazines! And this is after a major purging of the subscriptions.....my work here is definitely NOT done. (To be fair, several of these were gifts from family or free subscriptions via club points, and for the cost of a couple of single copies you can get a year's subsctiption to most.)
2. I love EVERY photo I have framed in my house, and couldn't decide on just one, thus, the wall.
3. My home was designed by a moron. Whatever idiot thought that having garage and front door entries converge in the same spot was completely delusional.....or had never had to pick up the upteen pairs of shoes/bags/backpacks that accumulate in the foyer as a result. Until next time.....

9 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Wow, holy mags Batman!

And I am with you on the framed pics, the millions that don't make 'the cut' means that the ones that actually get into frames are my true loves.

Happy 1st SpD!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Now that's alot of magazine's!lol

I love all your framed pics and the way they are hung together. Nice. :-)

7:36 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

i love the artistic flair in your magazine pic.

and i also love your picture wall. :-)

8:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love your magazine pic. I should be so creative. I hid my copy of Maxim so certain...uh...family members who read my blog wouldn't be mad.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

Okay, you've got the biggest collection thus far!!

I like your shiney tiles!!

10:29 AM  
Blogger The Q said...

I like the "rock wall" where all the shoes are. It just BEGS to be sat on and shoes removed! But then again, it's not my house and I don't have to pick up the shoes :-)

12:15 PM  
Blogger Book Bums said...

The shoe thing would drive me crazy too...

12:45 PM  
Blogger Leska McCall said...

Yes, the shoes drive me nuts, but the whole situation is my cross to bear for the time being.....It is better than it used to be; the "rock seat" is actually a defunct planter(one in a set of 3 in a tiered-mountain-like-monstrosity) that, before the seat was added, was the PERFECT trough to dump just about anything when entering.It would require re-doing the entire 1st floor flooring (Not that I'm opposed to THAT idea, just new ACs, fences, roofs take precedence in the home imp. budget)

1:59 PM  
Blogger Annejelynn said...

lovely mag display there -
I will always want a staircase wall to cover with framed pictures - would be perfect for me! and to walk past them everyday on your way up and down the stairs - that's great!

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home