Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Oh, See Can You Say......OC?

I was just catching up on my blog reading (after 2 days of phone line problems, and therefore no internet)and read Baby Poop and Business Suits's account of passing on traits to her daughter, and angst that comes when we see ourselves in these tiny "mirrors". I happened to look up at that very moment to see this....



Yes, that would be Critter, the older son, painstakingly lining up the plastic play food from the pretend kitchen. He has always been a precise child...doesn't want to get food mixed up or off the plate, hates spilling anything on his clothes, etc. He also has always been extremely focused. For Christmas he received a set of (discontinued) Discovery Toys Safari Gears, which he will sit and play with...correctly...for 45 min. at a stretch. Yes, he's Daddy's little engineer. The thing is, I'm not sure if this is something I pushed him into (having just a few of those traits myself) or if it's something he came with. Little Bit, who has had the same exposure to my clean-freakishness and order-centrism, is sooooo NOT that way. He is very mechanical, but has zero interest in order of the OC variety. In fact, not half a beat after I snapped this photo, he flung himself into the middle of the food arc and destroyed the lovliness that it was, belly-flop-snow-angel-style. The Critter heaved a big sigh, and started over......

2 Comments:

Blogger Random and Odd said...

HAHAHAHHA!!

My daughter sucks at math...just like me. She also got the artistic side too so I can't complain!!

Thanks for commenting on my blog :)

8:30 PM  
Blogger Me said...

That's funny. I don't know yet what my peanut got from her daddy and I, but she's doomed for Math, too, since he and I both suck at it :)

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home