Monday, November 28, 2005

I've Got My Eye on You



I have so much to be thankful for.
There are the big things: my incredible husband, our wonderful families, our children, the health of us all, my fantastic IRL friends, our amazing church, Daddy McAustin's job.

There are the small things that may seem inconsequential to others, but are huge to me:
The trip I made to the grocery store the other day, listening to the new Sheryl Crow cd Daddy McAustin got for me, in the 87 degree sunshine, alone. The 5 pound box of the best chocolate covered almonds I've ever tasted sent to me by my father for my birthday. My upcoming spa day. The fact that Thanksgiving dinner was the first meal I've cooked since Princess Lulu was born because my amazing church provided us meals for the last 3 weeks.

(And let me pause just for a moment and elaborate on that last statement a bit to let the enormity of it all sink in: sweet and sour chicken, pot roast, chicken & sausage pot pie, hominy chicken casserole, ginger-sesame pork tenderloin, chicken parmesan, green chile enchiladas, King Ranch casserole, spaghetti. These were some of the entrees. Just the entrees! And these angels didn't just bring the entrees, they brought the entire meal including salad, sides, and dessert! One friend even stuck in banana bread for breakfast. What did I tell you, amazing, no?)
And then, of course the other somewhat trivial stuff that I'm eternally thankful for:
Netflix, online shopping, mail, shopping carts that hold 3 children, blogging, blog friends.
Sometimes it overwhelms me that I am this fortunate.

I've got my eye on all this and will try to do a better job of remembering to be thankful for the life I live.

Have a wonderful week.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Q said...

Very nice. That was incredible what your church did.

I hope you have a great week too!!! Sounds like you are in the right frame of mind to do so.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

:)

I love Netflix, too. And isn't going to the store fun, especially solo?

9:41 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

It's the little things that make it all worth it, I think. :)

8:18 AM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

That was a great post. And what fabulous woman at your church!

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home