Friday, November 11, 2005

Stuff Portrait Friday: "Show Me the Money!"


It's Friday, and that means that it's time for Stuff Portrait Friday. Princess Lulu is one week old, things are going really well, and I thought I should play because Kristine says that next week will be harder. She told us:"show me the money!" and here's the list:

The last thing you bought for yourself
The last thing someone else bought for you
Your wallet


The last thing I bought for myself:


....was not these, but rather a Black and White cookie from the same place: Sweetish Hill Bakery. I didn't have a camera with me, just a newborn, so alas no picture. I will describe it for you, but you will have to imagine it's deliciousness: a checkerboard cookie made from 4 squares of chocolate and vanilla shortbread, yum.

The last thing someone else bought for me:


These are the flowers Daddy McAustin bought me while I was in the hospital last weekend. Actually a reflection of the flowers with the UT tower in the background. Hook 'em Horns!

My wallet:


A wallet is a very personal thing, and I have the hardest time finding one that fits all my non-negotiables. Bosca seems to be the only brand that I can guarantee will have at least some. This one was an emergency purchase, as mine previous one had been stolen. Actually I left it on the roof of the car, so really I invited someone to take it. It has only 2 of the features I require: separate checkbook (which fits inside) with a DL window on the outside, and cash holder on the outside. I don't really like the looks of this one, but I was desperate. I will keep it until it dies, because I paid full price (emergency, remember?), and I'm too cheap to waste that money.

Did you play? I may not have time to comment on everyone's, but I would love to see your stuff.

Have a great weekend!

12 Comments:

Blogger Random and Odd said...

OMG. OMG. OMG. How horrible of a blog friend am I that I didn't know you had your baby last weekend!!??? I SUCK. Next time something big like that happens, you better come over to R & o and tell me!

AND AND AND...you named your daughter after me to boot!

Yes, you gave her MY middle name. My mom will be so proud ;)

12:02 PM  
Blogger Happy Hiker said...

I like the flower pic, very creative.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

Yes, Hook 'Em.

It is hard to find a wallet, almost as hard as finding jeans or a bathing suit, but at least wallets don't show our battle wounds.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

That is a cool picture of your flowers.

The cookie sounds delicious.

I played!

1:18 PM  
Blogger The Q said...

I love the reflection of the flowers!

Hope you all have a great weekend :-)

1:47 PM  
Blogger xtessa said...

yum...cookie...*drool*:)

i played!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I played, but more importantly...I wanted to tell you that (as a true Longhorn) I noticed the Tower FIRST THING in that picture - kinda funny, huh?

4:00 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

That picture is too cool. I played too Stacie

4:28 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

What were you doing with a newborn and NO CAMERA! LOL OK, I am impressed that you played today! GREAT JOB!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Very cool pics. How on earth with a newborn did you find time to play???? You go, girl.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Love the reflection of the flowers! What a sweet DH you have! :)

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »

2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home