Friday, November 18, 2005

Stuff Portrait Friday: Represent!

Welcome to another rousing edition of Stuff Portrait Friday. This week, Kristine challenged us to stretch our minds, and think outside the box - a.k.a. not rely on pets/kids to fit the bill. She asked to see the following:

Something representing your past
Something representing your present
Something representing your future

I have one of each (however "boxy") plus a bonus. Onward....

My past.....

German heritage on both sides. This is a photo and photocopy of the back of the photo of my maternal great-grandmother's parents and siblings. This was the photo they had taken just before they left for America in the mid-1800's. The photo was taken in Hamburg, Germany.


My Present......


This is a snow globe (ha! I live in central Texas, there's no snow here!) depicting my current hometown of Austin, Texas, which is undoubtedly the coolest place to live in the state. Shown in the globe are the Loop 360 bridge (red), the University of Texas tower, the State Capitol building (dome), (in?)Famous 6th Street, and a longhorn. If you look closely, you may be able to see the Congress Bridge Bats flying in the sky. Austin, a great place to visit, a better place to live!

My Future...

December 10, to be exact. I will be spending the day in stress-free luxury and pampering at the Lakehouse Spa courtesy of Daddy McAustin in honor of my birthday.

And a bonus....

Something representing my past, present & future. A picture of my mother, grandmother, and husband on our wedding day. These are the two women that influenced my life the most, and my husband who influences me every day from now on.

Ta-da!

Did you play? Be sure to leave me a comment to let me know, so I can come check out yours over the weekend.

Have a great weekend.

7 Comments:

Blogger Random and Odd said...

You totally rock!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Wow - I love the first one! How great to have something like that!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Great post and have fun at the spa~

I played!

5:59 PM  
Blogger The Q said...

Very cool.

I really like how you took the Lake House Spa picture. That could be their advertising, it looks that good!

Hope you all have a great weekend! Any new pics of the Princess? :-) The swaddle one is so cute.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Book Bums said...

Ooh...a day at the spa! What a great thing to have to look forward to in your very near future...

7:28 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

I have that same snow globe! And now I want a stupid Dallas one, but I don't think they make them anymore.

Have fun at the spa. You earned it!

Love the past picture.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Yeah, rub it in why don't you? It snowed here yesterday...just a little but enough to remind me that I'm not in Texas any more.

Spa day sounds fantastic!

I played... ;)

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home