Thursday, November 24, 2005

Stuff Portrait Friday: Give Thanks

Welcome to another edition of Kristine'sphotographic scavenger hunt. This week is, of course, all about Turkey Day. Kristine asked to see:

Our thanksgiving meal

Someone who makes Thanksgiving

The aftermath

and she says that bonus points will be awarded for any tacky centerpieces, but I took some creative license with this one.

I must confess that I didn't look at the specifics of the pictures until after the meal was over, and the aftermath was well under control, because? I was a bit busy cooking all that food, of course...and playing referee between toddlers....and entertaining houseguests. All the while trying to shoo everyone out of the kitchen so I could get finished. (And yes, the baby isn't quite 3 weeks old.) So, this is all I can offer.

What makes Thanksgiving:

The Family McAustin ( before the consuming ensued)

Our Meal

Look closely at the above photo. Daddy McAustin's family has something against poultry of all varieties, so the Turducken was out, and our meal was all about the pig. Spiral sliced ham, sweet potatoes, asparagus with sweet onions & gold peppers, rolls, cranberry sauce, and some lovely Franciscan merlot.

The Aftermath:

The china & crystal can't go in the dishwasher, so Daddy McAustin pulled KP duty, and did a bang-up job....while keeping everything intact.

The Centerpiece:

(and not solely because she had to be held practically the entire day due to some apparently very painful gas)

We gave thanks for the blessing of Princess Lulu, who turns 3 weeks old tomorrow.

(Please note the adorable, sleeveless Cornelloki dress she's wearing because? The temperature was 87 degrees today. 87 DEGREES on THANKSGIVING, and I have a Christmas tree sitting in my living room which was set up by two men wearing shorts. Must.get.cooler.soon......)

8 Comments:

Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Happy Thanksgiving.


And Princess Lulu is beautiful!

10:40 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

I know. The weather is ridiculous!

10:41 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Gosh I hate it when its hot on Thanksgiving. We got away with a mild 72 after our short heat wave a few weeks ago, but that is normal for California!

Princess LuLu is beautiful! I played!

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No turkey? That's blasphemy! :)

Princess Lulu is adorable--love her hair.

11:22 AM  
Blogger The Q said...

I love when they sleep like that (fists up). So cute!

I hope you get to rest a little bit today...sheesh.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

Wow...I love the shot of your pictures and your wee little one. Totally cute.

The ham my future Mom in law made was uh....dry.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Logophile said...

I love the walls in that dining room and what a precious baby.
Thanksgiving rocks!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Dr. Dave said...

You baby is so cute! I played too!

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home