Thursday, November 10, 2005

Check Out the Check Up

Today was Princess Lulu's first doctor's appointment. Dr. D. was very impressed that she has gained back her hospital loss plus 1 ounce before her 1 week birthday. Daddy McAustin took the boys with him to Home Depot while the Princess and I then had a leisurely lunch on the patio at Sweetish Hill Bakery, and then ran a few errands.

I had forgotten how easy it is to run around with only an infant to deal with. Upon second thought, it's not that I forgot, it's that I don't remember it as being easy the first time around! A friend and I were discussing this yesterday, remembering the first weeks after our firstborn's came along. I can remember not even making it downstairs before 10am in the mornings, and there was NO way I was ready to leave the house before 2 or 3 in the afternoon. I know I didn't actually leave the house at all for several weeks after the Critter was born. I guess there's nothing like the "trial by fire" that is the first child to gain that invaluable experience.

Anyway, we all have adjusted much better to the arrivals of the subsequent children, and the Princess is no exception. The boys are IN LOVE with her, and spend much of the time she's awake sitting next to her, pointing out her body parts, offering her their lovies, as well as sharing completely inappropriate snacks for a newborn. (Only the sweetest of big brothers would share his spinach nuggets with you.) And I keep trying to get a good shot of all the kissing that's going on, but that darn digital delay foils me every time. I'll keep you posted.

The Critter: green eyed, but definitely NOT a monster.


Top-o-the-head kiss shot from Little Bit.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kami said...

Aw...

6:31 PM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

I'm just catching up here...BEAUTIFUL pics! I love the one of her smiling.

And no, I don't think it's gas. Clearly she's advanced.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

What a sweet picture of all the babies!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Adorable pictures. What in the world are spinach nuggets????? :)

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home