Monday, March 20, 2006

Bits & Pieces


Busy, busy....

I haven't had much time to feed the blogging addiction lately. It seems the only time I can even sit down in front of the laptop is when I feed Lulu, and then I can only read, as my hands are full...literally. Time for typing new posts of my own and commenting on others' is in short supply for me right now. I hate not leaving comments, but that is the way of my world for the time being, and that's ok. I'm so thankful that so many of you have your s%*@ together enough to post daily so I have something entertaining to read!

I got many thoughtful and thought-provoking comments about my last post. Parenting is such a complex issue and is so subjective, and therefore is an extremely controversial topic. Like it or not, our children are a reflection of our values walking around in the flesh. My ultimate point was not about the kids in the scenarios or kids like them, be they mine or yours, because we've all been to Tantrum Town and will certainly visit again. Rather, my point was aimed at parents and taking action, whatever your choice may be in regard to the situation. Every interaction with a child ends with that child walking away having learned something. As parents it's our responsibility to try to make that something good. Parenting is a full contact sport! And I know I'm not the only one who harbors fantasies of living on a desert island without the influences of today's society - tongue-in-cheek, people, tongue-in-cheek...

Lulu Update : She is now 4.5 months old, and recently went in for her checkup. The fabulous pediatrician tried to get me to admit that she really wasn't born in November, but rather in September, as she's measuring about average for your run-of-the-mill 6 month old: 16.2 pounds, 26 inches tall and with the ginormous noggin that has come to be expected from all McAustin kiddos. All this puts her at greater than 95th percentile for all areas as a 4 month old (having been born in November... which she was....I was there, I remember). She rolls both directions, scoots across the floor on either her back or her belly or by rolling repeatedly, and has started the constant consonant babbling. She also has become quite the rice cereal aficionado. Behold, our first attempt:


YUM!

This past week was the South By Southwest Film/Music/Interactive Festival here in Austin.We got to see some great films, some fabulous music, and the boys got in on the action at the interactive site with the "Lego Playpen".

What could you make with enough Legos to fill a 20 by 20 foot area about a foot deep? Little Bit and the Critter thought a car was in order. They searched in vain for wheels, only to discover that in all those Legos there were none. We learned later that they'd used the StarTrek and Spiderman sets which apparently have no wheels.... Still, good times for boys.

Hopefully I'll have something better than bits and pieces later in the week....maybe chunks and parts. We'll see.

Have a great Monday.

6 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Those are some cute pictures!

Check out my band! You will like it!

myspace.com/backyardsympathy

2:05 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Oh my goodness that is a lot of Legos!!!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I think she looks just like her mama - beautiful!!

4:29 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

your bits and pieces suit me just fine. Unbelievable amount of legos there!

Love pablum pics. Yum.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

How'd you get that picture of my family room floor?

8:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So sweet!!! Getting that cereal in is just such a challenge in the beginning.

We heard Dr. Terwelp and Dr. Jamie Ramirez were the top two Pedis in the city. We tried Dr. Ramirez for a bit but the drive and paying for parking did us in.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home