Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Random Stuff

A random day of answers and questions.

As I look through the photos from the Blogger Blowout, I am struck by how completely and perfectly photogenic some of you ladies are. Gorgeous! It just doesn't seem fair. Carrie did a fabu job of compiling most of the photos (with names!) into one spot, go check it out here. And go eat something.

One of the things that makes me sad about the toilet training thing is that we have to say goodbye to one-piece outfits. This saddens me immensely. My Critter looks like such a ....BOY...in pants and shirts, it makes me cry. And those rompers are just too cute!

Several people have asked about or commented on my hair. It's naturally curly - a good thing here in Austin, and also naturally red but got darker with my first baby. It gets a bit of color help since. Also? A complete and utter pain in the tush, and I've always dreamed of having lovely, glossy, straight-as-a-board hair like Asian women do. For the record, I can force it to be straight: give me less than 30% humidity, 1850 watts of hot air on a round brush for an hour....yes, an hour..., and a very hot Chi, and I can work miracles. As you can imagine, this doesn't happen often with the three 3 and under around here. I am also personally responsible for Bed Head/Tigi's great stock prices. Curly or straight, it takes TONS of product to get it to behave.

And finally, in addition to this affliction, I have been infected with "pretty girly clothes" syndrome. This rep sees me coming and starts counting on that new car she's been eyeing. I am a sucker for the smocking, and it is a disease, and I know I must refrain.....
...but could you, when she looks this adorable?

9 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Oh the smocking! I love smocking! I go on ebay and type in girls smocked dress and browse for HOURS.

Beautiful pic of that beautiful gal.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

She is so cute in that outfit that I think every penny spent is worth it! :)

3:33 PM  
Blogger The Q said...

She's just so cute....smock, no smock. That little smile just KILLS me.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh what a cutie! I loved buying baby clothes. They grow up too fast.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Sheri & SuZan said...

So very cute and worth every penny!

My daughter has naturally curly hair-Bead Head/Tigi Rocks! She has found that if she washes her hair the night before, puts all that crap (I mean product) on, then straightens it in the a.m. (with a chi of course), her hair only takes about an hour to straighten. She then sprays a comb with hair spray and combs through to try to help the humidity. Personally, I'd leave it curly!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Oh my smock dresses will be my financial failing when I have girls love love love them!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Tina M said...

OMG!! How cute is she in that??? Yup, I would go broke!!

Hey, have you been watching me do my hair in the mornings??? It's just worth the bother is it?? I just leave in these much hated curls and let it do what it wants.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Your hair is gorgeous!!
It takes me forever to get mine straight and smooth as well...same reason it doesn't get fixed very often.

I've also realized with potty training that Sophie can't get anything with snaps or buttons down by herself. Dresses are best!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How come there are no good pictures of YOU at the bash? The only one I saw you had a camera in your face. I hope I have a girl next so I can get lotsa pretty clothes. Oh and although my hair isn't quite as long as yours, it behaves the same. I LOVE when the stylist does it straight...my arms get so tired when I (rarely) blow it out straight myself. So what Bedhead products do you like? I like the Biolage mousse. And Redken's Straight. Oh and some kind of priming spray. Ugh...curls suck sometimes.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home