Wednesday, March 08, 2006

"I'm Melting! I'm Melting....."



Oh, no, wait. It's only ketchup. All over his face ...and hair ...and place at the table....and chair. This is what happens when the world's messiest eater is left alone for 2 minutes at the end of a meal. When I came over to see what was wrong, he continued to yell "my eyes! my eyes!" while smearing the lovely acidic stuff on. I swear he really isn't brain damaged.

Today, we continued our quest for appropriate grooming with another episode of "Hair Salon Home Edition" and the results were quite nice. It took almost an hour, but my new strategy is to go V-E-R-Y slowly and use the scissors a lot, in order to try to maintain what little hearing I still have. The screaming wasn't quite as epic as in past editions, and I actually am happy with the results. Could we be making progress?

In another completely unrelated matter, I have a question for all you bloggers out there. Do you find that friends IRL don't talk to you or email you as much as before you started blogging? It seems like mine don't, but to be fair, I don't either. I think part of it is that they read the blog and feel like they have talked to me, sort of. They know what we've been up to, see the kids, and listen to me rant, and therefore what else is there to talk about. Or maybe it's just me...

I didn't play Way Back Wednesday, because I could not find a single picture of me wearing any of the multitude of bows I owned back in the 90s. Go figure.

Gotta run, I'm off to abuse Lulu with *gasp* a bath!
I know! Haircuts for boys and a bath for Lulu all in one day? I must be a glutton for punishment.


Have a great afternoon.

**edited at 1:50 to add
No crying! No screaming! No flailing! I guess the immersion (not into the water, rather into the process) technique of 'face your fears' works with this little one. In the last 3 months I've given Lulu baths almost daily, and finally, a day without the drama. I can only pray it lasts.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

So glad she didn't get upset during her bath! That picture is precious! silly boy!

I've noticed quite a few of my IRL friends don't email me as much, but I was usually the one that initiated the email conversations and now that I blog, everyone gets caught up all at once. :)

What's really interesting to me is that the majority of my readers are my IRL friends, family and my sisters friends and yet they don't comment. :)

2:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with Carrie. My family and friends don't comment either, WTH? I get feedback from people I've never met more than them.

I love the ketchup picture and great news on the bath front.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I do not think most of the people in my real life know about the blog. What pisses me off is that if I don't initiate contact, the contact does not get made. That really bugs me

3:23 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

That picture is PRICELESS.

You know what? The people who matter most IRL still talk to me. :)

Glad Lulu won't be running away any time soon because of the bath abuse.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I know lots of people IRL read my blog and I find out in person or through others something they read...BUT THEY DO NOT COMMENT.

I am the same if I dont initiate usually doesnt happen.

Sounds like it was a successful day at Casa McAustin!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Nap Queen said...

You know, my friends IRL don't know about my blog, my since email started 10 or so years ago, we certainly don't talk on the phone as much. We only email.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home