Friday, August 18, 2006

Stuff Portrait Friday: Show Me the Supplies...

Welcome to Friday, the day that the lovely Mrs. Kristine Baland gives us a laundry list of photos, or in this case, it's a supplies list honoring back to school: our bag, our supplies, and the grown-up version of the cubby: our mailbox.



bag

The summer bag, a Mother's Day gift from the littles. A little whimsical, a lot of fun. I have red hair, so I have TONS of lime green in the closet, so it goes with just about everything.



supplies

In my previous life, I was in the field of education: teacher and administrator. While I loved my job, I really enjoy staying home with my kids. However, every year at this time, when the aisles of the stores are filled with fresh school supplies, backpacks and lunchboxes, I get a bit nostalgic. I've always loved the whole back-to-school bustle, even as a kid myself. I always buy myself a new box of crayons to use while the kids are working with theirs. This is last year's box. Time to get some new ones!


box


The mailbox. Bottom of the hill, at the curb. Not too exciting, but I love that it's huge, and it's soooooo much better than the listing, old metal one that we replaced.

Did you play? Let me know so I can come check out your supplies.

Have a great Friday!

19 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

Love the bag! It's very cute.

I wanted to buy myself a box of crayons the other day at the grocery store and do you know that they did not carry the big box? You know the one with like 60-something colors in it? I was devastated.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Oh I love the bag! Really cute!

I will have to start incorporating some lime green into my wardrobe!

I played

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that bag and green is one of my favorites! Good shots.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots- very artistic!

Happy SPF and I played too!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

great pictures, the crayons are my favorite...nothing like a box of Crayolas :)

I played!

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that little purse it's so cute, but so would not match anything I have. Great pictures and thanks for stopping in!!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

Really cool pix!

I played too :)

11:30 AM  
Blogger YellowRose said...

Love the handbag!!! Great color! I just love the smell of crayons!

I'm playing for the first time, stop on by!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

I heart that purse!!! Great pics as usual!

I played! :)

1:23 PM  
Blogger It's a Fantastic Life said...

Adorable bag! I love your mailbox too-It has character!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love your photos everytime I visit. Every single one.

I too love the back to school bustle but you need to color more. Those are not even broken, worn down or missing any. How do you do that?

Love the new profile pix and I played.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I too get that nostalgic feeling this time of year. I feel as if I should be in my classroom prepping and organizing (how I love organizing!!) for the new year...then I remember the stress and sigh with relief that I'm not having to do that.

I miss it though.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Leska McCall said...

Thanks, everyone!
And Delaine, I think we all need to color more. When I do sit down with them to color, I usu. end up just using theirs;)
TKW - with you on the stress thing....my nostalgia lasts for like 3 days, then I'm done.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Sheri & SuZan said...

As always...I love your photos! I like your replacement mailbox.

Great purse, love the color. Have a great weekend.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

I LOVE new crayons. And they have to be Crayola.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Uzz said...

Hello MMC! Excellent shots!!! I think someone here has a macro lens:-) You are dead on about lime green going well with red hair! I carry around a color wheel in my car and I am always looking for great complimentary colors!

You asked about the neat little viewing tool I got...its called an LCD Screen Loupe. Imagine you are shooting outdoors in the bright sun and when you go to look at the image you just shot, all you see is the image with a whole lot of glare! The screen loupe has a rubber side that conforms to your LCD screen on the back of the camera and and eyepiece that is attached to it so you can look through it as if you were inside a dark room. It eliminates the glare when you are trying to review your images...its pretty sweet!

Great job on the photos!!!

Uzz

12:56 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I will totally hold that bag for ransom. I LOVE it.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Here via kami- your photos are great- I love the different perspectives!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cute bag! :)

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home