Monday, August 07, 2006

Speedy

I write this sitting at my breakfast table with my recently returned, newly repaired trusty laptop, complete with new hardrive. I still have to rebuild all the bookmarks, so bear with me.

speedy



Bad Mothering Moment of the Week

I left the room at 2:54 (I checked) to go to the laundry room to switch out a load. Returned to the room mere minutes later, and Lulu was nowhere to be found. I checked the clock, it was 2:59, she can't have gotten far, I thought. The gate to the rest of the downstairs was closed, so she couldn't be in there. I went up the 1/2 flight of stairs to the kitchen, no Lulu. A scan of the dining room proved the same. I proceeded to the staircase to the upstairs, still no Lulu. Up the stairs I go, calling her name; I hear a faint giggle, and then her trademark squeal. Up to the upstairs hall, into the master bedroom, around the hairpin turn into the master bath, and there she is: standing IN the jacuzzi tub. Empty of course, but still. She was very proud of herself, and laughed at my worry.

I was wrong last week when I said it would be the 3 year old that would kill me: it will be this baby.

Moral of the story: Speedy McAustin goes in baby jail every time I leave the room. Period.

12 Comments:

Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Wow that girl can move!

I can just hear her sweet giggle and squeal!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Cara said...

Did she climb up the stairs too?

Payton LOVES to try to get into the bathroom. He's found the toilet paper and knows how to flush the toilet. I have to pretty much keep every door in my house closed at all times.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Leska McCall said...

YES! Up 1 and 1/2 flights of stairs, traveling about 100 yards total. I was shocked.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

They may be small, but they are quick. My neice enjoys impressing me with how quickly she can get all the way across the living room and up the half flight of stairs to the baby gate every time I merely turn around for half a second. :)

You do realize Miss Lulu was just WAITING for you to step away... baby's plot these things... they just seem all cute and innocent. ;) hee-hee

10:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hehe
cute photo btw

10:33 AM  
Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

Beautiful photo (beautiful girl!) And yes, baby jail is essential even for those couple minutes. LOL. They are just too quick.

10:53 AM  
Blogger It's a Fantastic Life said...

Oh my gosh! What a little stinker! Baby jail-I love that name for it! LOL

11:46 AM  
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

But she is SO DANG CUTE!!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wait 'till she learns to escape from jail. With Annelise we had to lock our cabinets. Not baby locks - those were far too simple - light chains with small padlocks.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Holy crap, make sure that kid has bars on her windows. She will be the teenager that sneaks out.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

OMG! Why do they do those things to us?

1:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

She is the smart one. Sending patience your way.

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home