Monday, January 16, 2006

Legacy


'If Martin Luther King were alive today, I would tell him that he paved the way for a little girl of 10 to perceive a future day . . . If Martin Luther King were alive today, I would tell him that he proved the way for our people to strive on and work out their destiny . . . MLK showed us today that together we stand. And we need each other in every step of the way. From all that I've learned, it seems to be this way! That divided we fall and there is no unity!'


— Alenzia McKinney, 10
1st place winner MLK Day Oratory Contest, Austin, Texas

5 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Great post. I like.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

Thank you for posting that! :)

11:52 AM  
Blogger Kami said...

That's such a nice piture of him!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Love it! Great photo of him as well!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I had aol MLK radio on for a while today, listening to his speeches. Three times I cried. Just the pure hope and determination in his voice, so so great.

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home