Sunday, February 19, 2006

Hi! Who Are You?


That was the way most conversations began at the Austin Blogger Blowout last night. Despite the frigid weather, last minute emergencies, and changes in plans, a good-sized group of ladies showed to do the meet and greet and snap pictures with all the fabulous gals from inside the computer.


It's funny, really. I went not really knowing anyone, and having met just one person IRL prior to last night. We share so much online about our lives: our families, what stresses us out, our senses of humor, our problems, etcetera. We've seen the insides each other's cabinets, know whose kids have had diarrhea lately, and gotten a peek at many of you half nekkid. But as I was walking in I realized that we really don't know one another, not really. Some were exactly as I expected, others were a surprise. It was kind of like a blind date with a room full of mutual stalkers, albeit very lovely stalkers! I wish I'd had more time to talk to most of you, and was disappointed that I never got around to meet others of you. I left feeling like I want to get to know you all better online, and IRL, also.

Bottom line: we all should crawl out from behind our monitors and socialize again soon.

I'll bring the nametags.

Enjoy the photos.


13 Comments:

Blogger The Q said...

I wish I could have gone. I would have loved to have met you and everyone else.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Sheri & SuZan said...

We did have a blast! Name tags would have been very helpful. Of course, I realized that I'm certainly not as young as I used to be!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My beer bottle makes a great pic.

Had fun talking to you.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Looks like such fun! Glad you had a good time!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

It was great to finally meet you! I think next time nametags are definitely in order as I think I've still got some people confused with others! :)

2:08 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

Great pics!!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Great photos!

It was really great meeting you. And, yes, we do need to get together more often!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Love the pictures!
It was quite an experience meeting these people we know so much about, yet don't really know them. I wrote something about that as well.
We MUST do a gathering again!

4:54 PM  
Blogger TheStolenOlive said...

It was great to meet the dirty dirty dirty martini woman. After that one sip, I definitely will be ordering one of those in the near future.

I was great to meet you, cant wait till we can all get together again soon.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

It was so great to meet you. I am glad you were able to come out and party!

We will definitly have to all get together again!

11:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great pics. I had a wonderful time and I am also confusing some with others.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love looking at all the pics from the bash. Very jealous, looks like a great time.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the first picture of that chandalier! Very cool!

I think name tags are a fabulous idea so I don't have to sound stupid by saying, "Please tell me who you are..."

P.S. I am in love with your hair!! I will fully admit that mine will never do that and promise not to get a perm to try to make it all sexy like yours.

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home