Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Way Back Wednesday: Play that Funky Music...

Welcome to Way Back Wednesday, the day where The Kept Woman gives us a theme involving past events and we are to dig through our albums and post the pics. Today's suggestion comes from Texas Mom and is all about 70's fashion. I was born in 1969, so my entire childhood is a study in bad 70's fashion. I literally could have found a sutiable shot with my eyes closed. I give you some of the highlights:
Let's start with the person who was responsible for all these groovy togs, my Mom.Here she is in the summer of 1970, when I was just 4 or so months old. Why couldn't I have gotten the skinny gene?
Easter 1972. Kinda cute, actually. Lovin' on the white patent leather shoes on the brother. (I actually have white saddle oxfords for my boys for this year...what goes around comes around and all that.)November, 1973. My 4th birthday. I think the look on my face sums it up nicely.
And finally, the best for last:
Easter 1974. I think Howdy Doody was popular then or something....
I could go on and on....
Did you play?



15 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

OMG!!! That last picture is absolutely hillarious!!!! I love the one of you on your birthday! Those are great! I couldn't dig out the really 70's pics as my mom has hidden my baby book so I'll quit stealing pictures, but I played the best I could.

I think you win hands down. :)

10:41 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

That last picture is hysterical! What were all our parents thinking??

11:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't stop laughing at that last picture. Absolutely hilarious and precious at the same time. I have no words.

I played.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Oh my! Those are perfect.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

Honestly, I think what they did to your poor brother was worse than what they did to you. ;)

1:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Whoooa those ARE some groovy clothes. Your mom looked hot thought.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

My goodness, that is one BIG bow!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Holy bow, Batgirl!!!

And I'm totally sure that your brother will thank you for sharing his old man's golfing suit with the internet when he comes across that Easter pic...I do thank you though! It's very cute!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

I agree you have the best pics I have seen all day ! Your poor brother !

6:40 PM  
Blogger Sheri & SuZan said...

Yikes-I think your pictures win! That bow is bigger than the dress! Your poor brother.

8:47 AM  
Blogger hemlock said...

If it wasn't for the bowtie on your brother, I would have sworn you were wearing your Jammies!!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Oh wow, your poor brother does not look amused! Great photos!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ahh great pictures
the last one is priceless!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Oh! the little purse and white gloves, what a honey you were!

That orange bow though, egads.

Your mom was totally cute and skinny! Wowza!

As for howdy doody, that suit must have given everyone a headache.

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my! Those are some fashions alright. Someday I shall be brave enough to look back at the 70s albums. I'm sure I had pants that matched your brother's suit.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home