Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Learned

concentration

I learn something new every day. It's not always something that anyone else would ever even want to know, and often is something that I wish I could have learned different way. Even so, here are some of my latest learnings.

Three years old is waaaaayyyy worse than two ever was. At least at my house. The lippiness! (not even sure that's a word, but it really fits) The contradiction! The just-barely-toeing-the-line between right and wrong. One of us may not make it long enough for him to make it to 4.

happy boy



It takes concerted, focused effort to wear out the 3 year old enough for him to nap. This in turn makes me more tired, but I'm a master at getting more done in 1 1/2 hours when everyone is asleep than I can do all afternoon with anyone awake.

We must spend mucho time outside to accomplish the above.


yawn

I need more time by myself than I get when the child doesn't nap, therefore I must get up even earlier. I'm a nicer person. And he gets to keep all his teeth.

The older I get, the more I seem to feel the heat. What's up with that?

They make me laugh every single day.




5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

3 was far worse for us than 2 with my son... 4 wasn't much better. Battle of the wills! Also, I think it is a boy thing!

Hang in there!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I have been hearing that about 3!

Thank goodness they are cute!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

I've noticed the battle of wills is more prominent in my nephew who is almost three. Frustrating but funny at the same time. Great pictures! you are quite handy with a camera! :)

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah... The threes? Um, they SUCK! We are going through them for the fourth (and last) time. At the moment with an ear infection mixed in for added fun.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat.

Is there a boarding school I can send mine to until they turn like five or something?

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home