Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Can You Get Much "Weirder"?



I LOVE my city.
The city motto is "Keep Austin Weird", and there are many OUTSTANDING reasons why this is appropriate.
Just a few here:
1. Leslie..... homeless, middle-aged tranny and mayoral candidate pictured above.
2. Highest per capita of homeless under the age of 30. (WH likes to refer to them as "outdoorsmen"...even though a great percentage are not men.)
3. Freaky festivals abound (as well as some really cool ones:ACL)....exhibit 1: Eyeore's Birthday Party...a family event




Yes, it's a GREAT place to live...always something to do.
All this from a liberal-at-heart town that is not-so-slowly moving to the right....sigh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mama Duck said...

Eeoyre's! I'd recognize the silver man anywhere!

I've been working up a tribute to Leslie to post for awhile now. If you haven't read John Kelso's old editorial when Leslie moved to Westlake let me know and I'll dig up the link. It's HILARIOUS!

Dang sister, now I'm going to have to crank up the Lyle Lovett music and pour over my pictures of home!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

OMG. I can't believe that red woman.

And, there should be some sort of law that states that if you have a full beard, you are not allowed in a thong or belly shirt. Ewwww.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home