Friday, September 23, 2005

SPF: It's an Odd, Odd World




Sept 23rd-It's Odd!

Happy Friday! Another week gone....and in my case that's a very good thing.

This week, we're all showing the odd, or something along those lines. Here's the list from our lovely hostess Kristine who has us run around taking pictures of things to post for this fabulous game:



Something that was perfect in the store, but awful when you got it home.

Your cell phone

Your camera


And away we go......


Something that seemed like a good idea at the time:

The EuroPro Convection Toaster Oven


Our toaster had died. We needed a new one. We were at Target. It was on sale. It came in a really cool talking box. We bought it. **sigh** It sucked the big one.
*** Now because I respect most of you, I won't get into the COMPLETE AND TOTAL HASSLE it was to return this piece of #$%@ to Target. I'll just say that I am no longer Target's greatest fan, and I wished upon all return desk workers unevenly-burned toast each and every day of their pitiful little lives from that day forward.



My cell phone....

Just your basic, out-of-date, doesn't-get-that-much-use, standard-issue Nokia.

I intentionally shot it in it's natural habitat....the cubby in my dashboard, because that's where it lives 99.9% of the time. I am not a good cell phone candidate. They annoy me. I keep contemplating getting the emergency service only, but just haven't gotten around to it.



My camera(s)....

The Canon Elph PowerShot 400


This is what goes with me most of the time on a daily basis. It's portable, handy, small. Not so great for close-ups, but great for on-the-go photos of the kids...because you know I have way too much stuff to cart around without hauling around...


THE BIG GUN

The Canon D60.

When we want the pictures to come out pretty. Can you tell which shots above were taken with which camera? Enough said.

So there you have it. Did you play? If so, leave me a comment, and be sure to check out Kristine's stuff, and let her know you played too.
Have a great weekend....stay dry.

22 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Cool stuff...i played too!:-)

7:17 AM  
Blogger Kami said...

Ooooh, love the big daddy camera. Nice.

8:12 AM  
Blogger xtessa said...

i have that toaster in white! LOL! it's now gathering dust.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I so hate taking things back to stores. There is always conflict. And I always do my best to avoid conflict.

Great camera, btw.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

The reason I never took the coffee pot back is because Shaun went to the store three times trying to get the right coffee pot.

Don't try to buy something for someone who has depression and anxiety attacks. Poor guy. I ended up just keeping the coffee maker.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow an Elph AND a D60. Now I'm REALLY REALLY jealous.

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is exactly what I want to do - have TWO cameras. One for the GOOD STUFF and one for the every day emergency photo ops. Sweet.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Me said...

I'm quickly becoming an anti-Target kind of girl myself lately. Never thought it would happen... but it is. Walmart and Kmart are gaining me back slowly but surely. ;)

11:56 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Toaster ovens scare me ever since mine caught on fire!!! I love the ELPH -- it's so cute.

I'm playing for the 1st time & it was fun!!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Love the cute Cannon camera!

FYI, do not leave Alberston's bag on top of the toaster oven while in use.

Take my word for it.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

I have the Canon SD300 and I love it.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Peanutt said...

I so want a "big gun" camera like that! I have my Kodak easyshare but its like your "small gun" just good for on the go, not for wonderful pics!
That toaster oven looks like it would be awesome, especially being convection! I'm glad I saw it here!!!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Dr. Dave said...

I like your little camera...just got one like that for my stepdaughter!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

sorry you had such an issue with Target... *sigh*

i played as well...

peace...

2:33 PM  
Blogger Big Heavy said...

oooooooo... digital slr

3:39 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

I want the big gun!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

MMC - Go to Jusspress.com to get this downloading tool for the video uploading.
It's the easy program and you can upload 10 -2 minute movies for free.

That's what I use!!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Tina M said...

Umm, were the cameras on the same color carpet???? Yeah, I thought so. I can tell which one you use most. :)

I usually end up just keeping stuff I don't want / doesn't work because returning it is just too much drama.

I played.

8:03 AM  
Blogger -E said...

I too have a love-hate relationship with my cell phone. I can't stand cell yell. I hate people who talk about personal things on their cell phone in the line at the discount store. In my mind it's just as rude as making out in public. Get a room!

And I'm not a big fan of Target's return policy either. It should not be that hard to return the wrong flavor of juice box even without the receipt.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I have to agree on the Target return policy - it's shit! Imagine having to return 16 toasters because the guys at the firehouse thought that would be a good "gag" gift for your wedding. Target hates me, but oh, I love it so!

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so late getting here! Bummer on the toaster oven! It looks great...

Lucky duck on the camera front!!

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home