Thursday, September 08, 2005

Stuff Portrait Friday: Shhh! I Have a Secret!


Good Grief! It's Friday already.
As always, we have our weekly installment of Stuff Portrait Friday, an ever-so-fun little game ingeniously produced by Kristine. This week's theme is sports, and it was an especially tough one for me. You see, back in our single days we knew about these things in a current events kind of way. Since marrying and having critters, we've left all pretense of being sports fans behind. We're just not the sporty types here at Casa McAustin. Outdoorsy, yes, team sporty, not so much. We don't really follow pro teams, and (thankfully) don't watch any games on TV. I know, I know....it's sacrilege and all, but it is what it is. So I had to dig deeply for these three things:

Team paraphernalia
Googled Favorite Player
Party Picture

Daddy McAustin gets into hockey more than any other sports and has been to several of their games, thus I was presented with my favorite team sweatshirt:


Also while living in Dallas, we did attend several Cowboys games, as evidenced by this party pic: This is a pic of a pic of a game at Texas Stadium back in '99 when the Cowboys were still a viable team. We went with friend D who had season tickets, and took the young Japanese guy who had just been transferred to the US at Daddy McAustin's firm. He'd never been to a game before, and really seemed to enjoy it.


Googled favorite player. Sheesh! Since we don't watch, we don't know any of these people. Kristine said that we could cheat and use photos of the kids in their team jerseys
but since mine aren't yet old enough to play team sports, this will have to do. Living here in Austin, and being married to a UT alum, we do keep up with the hometown UT Longhorns enough so it doesn't appear that the rock we live under is too big to peer out from beneath, or are completely illiterate or anything like that. So of course we had to have the requisite baby togs for said team, thanks to R & B in Houston:
Exhibit One: the Critter at around 2 months.
Exhibit Two: Little Bit wearing the same outfit about a year later.
(And yes, they both had the freaky hair until about 1, no electricity outlets required. The pic of Little bit must have been taken directly after a bath, as that was the ONLY time the hair would lie flat. Give it an hour and it'd look just like Critter's in the prev. pic!)
That does it for this week's 'non-Sports Center'. Did you play? Be sure to let Kristine. know and leave me a comment if you did so I can come check out your team spirit. Have a great weekend!

13 Comments:

Blogger Bente said...

The hair is blinding me with cuteness! I thought it was the same kid in each photo. Not hard to tell they're brothers! I didn't play this week because I follow no teams, have never been to a sports party and have no team jerseys or anything of the like. Hopefully I'll be able to play next week!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

love the boys in their team outfit. So cute. Look at how little they were.

I played this week as well.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

So cute. I think all babies have crazy hair--mine sure does. I played.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

A girl after my own heart!!

Dallas Stars and Longhorns!! Gets my blood pumping just thinking about it!!

I played!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

They are too cute! Love the college wear.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

Shhhh don't tell anyone, but I always pick Texians. Shhhhh.
You tell anyone and I will deny deny deny!!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

LOL about the baby's hair!

I didn't do SPF this week - too hard! I'm so not a sports person.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

Love the pics of the kids!!! How adorable! The hair cracks me up! I played as well...

11:31 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

i so love insane baby hair...LOL...

great pics!

peace...

12:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I love the pic of Critter in the Texas outfit. Hook 'Em!! My family is from Texas and I am a big longhorns fan. I have a pic somewhere around here of Nate in a Longhorns shirt. I'll have to email it to ya!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

OMG, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Longhorn socks!!! Too cute!!!!!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I love forcing our children to love our teams! ;) Your kids are adorable! Great photos!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

You sweet TX girls and your cute babies! LOL...SOrry, though...TX Longhorns are just not the Arizona Wildcats. LOL! Orange as a school color?!

Totally kidding..

so cute

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home