Saturday, October 15, 2005

The New Black

I read a statement somewhere a while back that said 'weekend blogging is the new black'. Of course, I must be fashionable, so I thought I would do a quick post for your viewing pleasure.
This week's Stuff Portrait Friday topics were all about favorite photographs, and I had a tough time narrowing my choices of my favorite ones from the trip through through our archives. So I thought I'd post some of the other all-time-greatest hits that I dug up.

"Dreams in Lights"; Marais District, Paris; July 2000

This was our last night in Paris, it was really late, and we had finished dinner, We decided to take a walk and it was like we had the city to ourselves. We found this really odd, since Paris is really the city that doesn't sleep - except in the morning. We did notice the few other people walking ahead of us were turning into this alley, so we followed. It was a magical sight: thousands of handmade votive candles wrapped in parchment with pindot phrases on them glowed from the street surface. It was an art institute project where you could choose a sentiment, write your wish on a card, and then put your candle out with the rest. The perfectly romantic way to end a visit to the most romantic city on earth.

Little Bit & the Chimp Statue; Dallas Zoo; June 2005

It was a really hot weekday, the zoo wasn't crowded, and the boys were having a fabulous time. Along the path to the primate area is a section of bronzes, and my kids went nuts for them. Hugs from Little Bit are always a full-contact event!

Have a fantastic Saturday

8 Comments:

Blogger Kami said...

Cute pic of your son and your husband.

Loveya, Daddy McAustin!

5:24 PM  
Blogger The Q said...

Is Kami implying that the chimp is Daddy McAustin?! Heh, too funny.

Very cute picture no doubt.

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the Paris pic. Totally know what you mean, doing my morning run in the early hours of a city like Paris is incredible..so quiet, seems like it isn't the "big city" at that time of day.

Love the hug picture. Just precious.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

What a great pic of little bit at the zoo. Wow precious.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I too blogged on Saturday. Guess I'm fashionable too!!

Great pics!! The zoo pic is so sweet!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Those are both fabulous for two very different reasons...

7:36 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Wonderful pics!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Love the pics! What a cutie patootie!

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home