Friday, October 14, 2005

Stuff Portrait Friday: That's How I See It


It's Friday once again, and that means that I have blogging fodder that someone else has dreamed up - a real bonus since my pregnant brain is taxed enough as is. Today's theme is (as always) brought to us by the lovely and newly-betrothed Kristine at Random and Odd. She gives us a theme and we are to post pictures of our interpretation. This week's items:

1. The best picture you have ever taken of something/someone

2. The best picture of yourself & why you think it is.

3. A favorite picture that someone else took/painted/doodled

These were great topics, and I had a good time browsing through our archives, but hard time deciding.....so I didn't. Therefore, I have ties for each one.
And away we go...

1. The best picture you have ever taken of something/someone
I take tons of shots of my kids, so I have LOTS of favorites. I'm not sure about the 'best ever' part, but I really like the look both of these have.


This one is my current favorite. I took it about two weeks ago of the Critter and Little Bit in the tub giving big hugs.

And this one is a close second. We were staying at a hotel in the spring and it was really early. (And what's up with kids waking up so early when it's supposed to be vacation? Anyway....) I took this one morning just after we had gotten ready for the day, and were sitting around waiting for the rest of the world to awaken so we could go out. I love the early morning light streaming in and the sleepyish, relaxed look the boys have.

2. The best picture of yourself & why you think it is.

This was taken by Daddy McAustin 5 days after the Critter was born. Nana and Papa McAustin were visiting for the first time, and we were all about to go out. I was really happy that day. We had tried a long time to have a baby, and finally we had one. After several years of numerous incredibly sad and stressful events, this was an exceptionally happy time.
I love this picture so. Taken by Avec Brisance Photography. A day I will never forget, and always remember with a smile. Our wedding was not without its flaws:'catastrophes' at the time, but in retrospect part of what made it special and memorable.(The EMT people coming to attend to a guest during the reception, and the friends who locked their keys in the newly-purchased car in the one lane valet line are just two examples.) We held both the ceremony and reception at the The Dallas Arboretum, and decided to have the wedding party photos taken just prior to the actual wedding. That was one of the best decisions I made: it gave us a chance to be alone just before, and took away a great deal of jitters. We had a ton of fun taking those shots.


3. A favorite picture that someone else took/painted/doodled


Again, I have ties......This is the free-standing stained glass window that my mother designed and made for our wedding. It now sits in my living room in my front windows. Obviously not a doodle / drawing / photograph, but it started it's life that way....

A close second is a large painting (almost lifesize) that my mom did which hung in all of my childhood homes wherever we were. It is currently in storage (along with a ton of other favorite art) from when we moved. I keep meaning to get that stuff down, but never remember, so a description is all you get. It is of a young Jamaican boy rolling a hoop with a stick. The view is from the back and I always loved the carefree feeling it gave off.

And that's how I see it. Go to Kristine's to check out the other players, and leave me a comment if you already played so I can come check out your view. Have a wonderful Friday and weekend.

14 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

Oh I really like the babes in the tub.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

wow, those are great. The window is beautiful!

7:06 AM  
Blogger Kami said...

Great pics! I like the one of the boys in the tub!!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Great pics I played as well!

8:27 AM  
Blogger hemlock said...

The one of you and critter certainly conveys the happiness. Very nice.

And the kid pics?? So sweet.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

What beautiful pictures! Sounds like your wedding was memorable to say the least! I love the shot of the boys in the tub - too cute!

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos! Your boys are darling. I played too.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Logophile said...

Your babies are too cute, great pics, and your wedding pics are gorgeous, great stuff!!

10:45 AM  
Blogger The Q said...

I LOVE the pictures of your boys....but I think my favorite is the one with you holding "Critter". You can FEEL the love and happiness just by looking at it!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

That bathtub shot is the greatest. I hope you've framed it or plan too! So sweet

12:56 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Love the pic of the boys in the tub. So precious!!

Why do kids wake up early on vacation?!? Don't they know its when they can sleep late?

I played, too!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

great photos, happy spf

1:48 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

Beautiful pics. Your babies are sooooo cute! I played too. Stacie

4:29 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

This was just lovely. From the Paris lights to the sleepy eyed boys to the stained glass, you have caught so much beauty here.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home