Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Way Back Wednesday: The Drunken Party Girl

Welcome to another installment of Way Back Wednesday, brought to us by the lovely and talented Kept Woman.

The theme was officially 'Sorority and Fraternity Pictures', but who does she think she's kidding? She doesn't really want to see how hot we looked in our rush dresses, or the cute t-shirts we were wearing. We all know she just wants to get us liquored up and take advantage of us. (Hmmmm. It seems she loves to see US three sheets to the wind...what is this, 'misery loves company'? It's ok, honey. The first step is admitting the problem.) I was too tired to climb up the ladder to get down the appropriate albums/boxes, so the one that was on the shelf within arm's reach will have to do. Let's face it: she just wants to see us drunk, and these shots document me at my most drunk.

So here to help feed Mama Duck's addiction, we have Mama McAustin's lazy pregnant girl version.....

This was a Christmas Benefit for Children's Medical Center of Dallas, back in 1999. We went with friend A. and met several friends there. The brand of drunkenness I was practicing that night was champagne and eggnog....not a good mix, my friends.

The evening started off great....friend K was always the smart one...soda, I should have followed her lead, notice my empty eggnog cup.....
As the evening progressed, more and more fun. Dancing, singing, laughing......clutching the eggnog cup as if it were the elixir of life....

And finally, just before the lights went out. I've never been that sick, before or since.

Gosh, I feel a little queasy just with the memories.....

Did you play? Go check out Mama Duck's and everyone else's drunken stupors. Have a great (sober) Wednesday, everyone!

12 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

That is so funny! I always get sick when I drink. That is probably why I don't drink anymore, too.

I played.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

it's amazing how just the thought of the sickness still can make you shiver. I played

9:31 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

omg... :)

peace...

10:46 AM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Funny! I love how at the beginning of the night you're standing on your own and looking quite hot...as the evening progresses a little more leaning and who really needs to smile anyway!?

Cute!!!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

those are great! I love your hair!!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

OK fess up - what house? ;) Great photos and I agree, Mama Duck just likes to see us shit faced!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Oh my, the thought of champagne and eggnog is not pleasant. Even though I like each on their own.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Looks like it was a fun party! til the end of course.
been there many many times

12:35 PM  
Blogger Spikey1 said...

Sure it was eggnog! ;)

1:14 PM  
Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

LOL! I get sick even off of too much regular eggnog. That's some heavy stuff! Uck!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Ugh, just the idea of mixing eggnog and champagne is making my stomach turn. I love the progression of the pics from standing to holding on for dear life. Too funny!!!!!!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Leska McCall said...

No, the eggnog and champagne weren't mixed, rather alternated. Geez, that really would be foul!

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home