Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Where Did Monday Go?

Tuesday already? I seem to blink and the week's gone. I guess that's a good thing, but it's a bit disconcerting.
I have been feeling guilty about not posting much lately, and stopped to figure out where all my blogging time has gone. The answer is 'to sleep'. I usually post early in the morning before anyone else is up, or while the boys nap in the afternoons. Lately, I've been sleeping in the mornings until the boys are making sufficient noise to cut through the groggy fog of my unconsciousness, and the act of going to the grocery store or Target wears me out to the point that I must lie down and rest in the afternoons. Lame, I know, but my reality of late.

"At least you're able to get in some extra rest" you say.
And to that I say "Yeah, right!"

The reason I'm so wiped out during the day is that I'm up during the middle of the night as a result of the following: Braxton-Hicks contractions strong enough to wake me up and/or the minimum of 4 trips to the toilet caused by this child using my bladder as her personal body pillow. That's why all my comments to you people are posted at times when only Europeans and Australians are awake to read them.

The saving grace of this is that by the third or fourth night, I'm so exhausted that I will sleep through virtually anything. Last night was one such night, so today will be a great day!

Here's the lastest version of "Hair Salon, Home Edition":


Daddy McAustin and I felt sufficiently ambitious to tackle the hacking of the hair Sunday before church. A truly spiritual experience for all......
By the third consecutive episode of our haircutting drama, the evidence that we are not professionally trained stylists is in painfully obvious, so we have to 'start with a clean slate' as it were, and do the buzz. It's really short, but their hair grows so fast it doesn't stay that way for long.

Have a great Tuesday!

7 Comments:

Blogger Nessa said...

but they're still cute as ever - I hope you get some good sleep this week!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

they are still too cute...lol...

and its completely ok to sleep in...lol...

peace...

10:57 AM  
Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

Awh! LOL. I cut the boys hair too. Thank God I've never had to start with a clean slate with them (they both have pretty lengthy hair!), but it happens often to their Daddy. LOL.... Your boys look cute with a buzz though.

Braxton Hicks... ah... I miss those. Kind of. LOL... Ok, maybe not so much.. Hee hee..

11:45 AM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Isn't being pregnant fun?!?!?!?!

Not much longer!

Cute boys and love the hair!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

The more I hear about the joys of pregnancy from everyone, the less excited I am to think about one day starting my own family. :) I hope you start sleeping better!!!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pregnancy sucks and having a baby sucks, but parenting makes it all worthwhile.

Get some sleep girl and don't feel guilty about not posting!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

They look so cute with their buzz cuts, critter doesnt look so happy, looks like someone was crying!

Hope you are feeling better soon. Dont feel bad about blogging. We will be here when you feel better. Not to much longer to Princess arrives.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home