Friday, October 28, 2005

Stuff Portrait Friday: Boo, to You!

Friday, once again.
As always, we have another installment of Kristine's ingenious game where we run around snapping pics of the items on the task list for that week. Up this week, is "It's Spooky!", and she wants us to show her:


Our spooky decorations
Our costumes
Our spooky neighborhood


While I did the best I could, I must admit that I am in a very 'decorating so as to have it cover as many holidays/special occasions as possible without having to be re-done' kind of mood these days. Hey! I could give birth at any time, so quit your whining. Thus, we have "Fall" decorations that can (and will) be appropriate from September right up through the first week of December.

Our decorations...

The deck landing leading to.....
...our front door.
Yep. That's all folks. Just a some mums, corn and couple of gourds and pumpkins slung about haphazzardly.

Now onto the neighborhood.....
I have to admit that we live in the whitest-bread white people land on earth, so folks here haven't really gone all out on the "spooky" factor. Here are the highpoints of the neighborhood - or at least the ones I could find at 9:15 last night:
The family who lives here has been working on this display for over 2 weeks now, and it changes a little each day. They have 3 elementary age kids, and one middle schooler, and have had a great time working on it.


Mr. Bones

One of our neighbors has a 10 year old son, and he puts Mr. Bones out every year. Sorry for the blurry shot.

And finally, our costumes

Critter the Lion, 2003

Critter the Cow & Little Bit the Lion, 2004

Yes, these are old pictures and yes, the boys will wear them again! Because they still fit - just barely, but it works! (When I made the lion costume 3 years ago I deluded myself into thinking that I could do so for less money than if I bought something similar. After $42 for the ribbon alone, I figure by the time the Princess wears it for next Halloween I may have recouped my money.I won't even go into the manhours to glue all that pricey stuff on....) Also, if I was a good player I would have dressed them up just to take a current picture, but I learned my lesson about that a few weeks ago when we had toddler tantrum in stereo of epic proportions because I took the costumes off of them after the try-on session. This pregnancy hasn't damaged that many braincells. No, these costumes will live happily in my closet until Sunday afternoon.

As for me, I will go as a pregnant woman.....unless I get lucky in the next 4 days.

Did you play? Let me know so I can check out your spooky stuff.

Have a great weekend!

9 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

That lion costumes is fabulous! I can't believe you made it.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

The lion custume IS great! you did a wonderful job.

(hope there are no dead bodies hanging around in that display)

BTW- halloween is monday.

I played.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Piece of Work said...

AMazed at that lion costume. Good thing target sells costumes these days or god knows what my kids would go as!
And, very impressive that both your sons allow you to put the costume on their heads. Isaac refuses anything on his!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Nap Queen said...

Dang, that lion costume is GREAT! Kudos! I do the fall decoration thing too, it makes things so much easier!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

WOW! That is an AWESOME lion costume! You are quite talented! :) If I ever get to throw a party again can I hire you to make my costume? :)

Both boys look adorable in their costumes. My sister learned her lesson as well about the try-on of the costume - my nephew had a meltdown at the Party City when he had to take it off! Now she has it hidden until Monday as well. :)

Mr. Bones is funny. :)

5:03 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

I am impressed with your lion!!

6:19 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

love the lion costume. Adorable. well worth the money and time i am sure because they are adorable in it.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Great costumes! Great photos!

2:23 PM  
Blogger The Q said...

That lion costume is SO cool!

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home