Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Way Back Wednesday: Affliction

Welcome to Way Back Wednesday, the day where The Kept Woman asks us to find pictures from our past that fit in with a certain theme. This week she want to see us when we were sick. I can't find any of those, so I give you evidence of my most recent affliction.....from this morning after my shower:




Don't know what that is?

Come on, all you gals who've borne wee ones! YOU know what it is!


(humming the Jeopardy theme....)

THAT'S RIGHT!!!

Post-Pregnancy Hair Loss !

It started this morning. If I didn't know what it was I would be making an appointment with any doctor that would see me. The books all tell you that this is to be expected, but what they don't say is that you will lose enough hair during one shower that your husband will have to remind you to be sure to pick up the dead animal out of the shower drain when you're done. Yeah, that much hair. I guess it makes sense: I supposedly didn't lose any during the 9 months of pregnancy. I just hope my daughter appreciates that I will look like a candidate for Rogaine for the next several months.

That is my affliction.

Did you play? Let me know so I can come commiserate.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jana said...

I can sympathize! After my last baby, it looked like little hamsters running down the shower drain!

I played too!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Oh goody! Yet another fabulous truth about pregnancy/birth... hee-hee.

I have a tendency to lost mass amounts of hair when I'm extremely stressed or if I've been consuming way too much caffeine.

At least you have lots of fabulous hair so it won't matter if you lose a little! :)

I played. :)

5:16 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I have heard of that.

However, the husband will still have to clean the drain. just can't do it.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

You know what? I never had that problem! I think because I have thin hair to begin with! LOL

Sorry! I played too!

11:31 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

Oh, no! I didn't have that! Sucky!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh honey, I mourn for your beautiful mane. I've just now stopped shedding like a labrador when I shower.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

I am still shedding like crazy--8 months later. It sucks.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

I sooooo know what you're talking about.
Thankfully I have enough hair for everybody and wasn't missing any when 3 lbs fell out a day!

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home