Friday, March 31, 2006

Stuff Portrait Friday: Fluff, Fold, and Flower


Welcome to Stuff Portrait Friday, the day where we go on the photographic scavenger hunt, as directed by Kristine. This week she wants to see:
~ Your Washer and Dryer
~ Your Robe (if you don’t have one of these…wait, how can you live without a robe? NO ONE should ever have to live life without a robe! GO BUY ONE!)
~ A flower (it’s sposta be spring remember?)
And since it's been a few weeks since I've had time to play, I have extra credit pictures!

The washer & dryer

The house where we lived in Dallas was ooolllldddd, and had the 'laundry room' (and I use that term very loosely) in the kitchen, behind a set of bifold closet doors. We needed more food storage space, and got an upright deep freezer, and that only left room for a stack unit. We had to cut out upper cabinets when we moved to the current house, because I wasn't getting rid of the awesome Maytag front-loading stack unit.

The robes...

The cozy waffle weave is from Ten Thousand Waves, the red silk is for recreational purposes, and the cotton geometric print was swiped by my hubs in some hotel in Japan. That last one is actually my favorite, and the one I tend to wear most.

The flower...

Here's where my bonus points come in:The impatiens in the hayracks on my front porch

.
And bluebonnets...

because it's spring here in the Texas Hillcountry, and also our state flower.


Did you play? Let me know and I'll come see your stuff over the weekend.
Have a great weekend.

13 Comments:

Blogger Donna~K said...

I was just passing by and noticed you were from TX also. Thought I'd say howdy. (grin) I haven't been here very long so I'm just out trying to meet people. Love the bluebonnets tho!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Oh look at those flowers - I am so jealous of all the SPFers out there that have real flowers now.

Happy SPF - I played!

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great flower photos!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

I'm so jealous of your pretty flowers. A green thumb is not something I posses!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Book Bums said...

Beautiful flowers! Bonus points awarded!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Great pics! Your robes are gorgeous. I miss Texas!!! BTW, I played.

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, those impatiens are gorgeous! Bluebonnets too... one day I'm going to make it to TX when they are actually blooming. :)

Happy SPF, I played too!

6:36 PM  
Blogger CameraDawktor said...

You've got some great pictures. I played too!

And I see Donna K posted a comment here, I am her "friend" too!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG.

You have the Cadillac of w/ds...I lust after them every time we're checking out appliances...

9:30 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Oh, man you get major pointos for those fleurs. Beautiful! And the second pic looks like I could pluck a leaf right off my screen.

Love the term 'recreational purposes' for the red robe! Cha cha boom!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

I just love those flowers!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Love the flowers. :)

9:12 AM  
Blogger Kami said...

I'm gonna get me some of those planters. Gonna do that TODAY.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home