Thursday, February 09, 2006

To the Critter on Your 3rd Birthday:


Today you are three years old. At 9:54 p.m. on Sunday, February 9th, 2003 you entered this world screaming your big pointy head off after 12 hours of labor and 2 1/2 hours of HARD pushing. I wasn't sure I could do it! We had a mirror set up so I could see you and I stared at a coaster-sized circle on the top of your head that kept appearing, disappearing, then re-appearing over and over and over again. But finally, you arrived, and you were perfect.
You have come so far in 3 years. From rolling to sitting to walking to running to jumping, riding a tricycle and using the toilet, all those standard physical milestones you hit along the way.
You also learned to do some things that don't always make it into those charts: sorting EVERYTHING into categories, saying "please" and "thank you" most all the time, and making sure to know who everyone is so you can call them by name.
You can match pitch perfectly and repeat songs that you've heard just once. You are also quite the daredevil: you love coasting down the steep hill in our backyard on the tricycles fast enough to run into the fence on the opposite end....and successfully steer clear of the stone retaining walls and trees in the process.....at least so far!
You love your brother and sister so much! You kiss Lulu practically everyday, give Little Bit big hugs, and are always concerned whenever anyone cries. You have such a good heart.
You still hate haircuts with passion, love broccoli and blueberries, and delight in deviling your little brother on occasion.

This year your world will widen: you will start preschool next September, and spend part of the week away from me. You will experience so many new things, and grow in many ways I'm sure I'm not even aware of yet. But one thing I am certain of:

You'll always be my baby.

Happy 3rd Birthday, my boy! I love you,

Mama

12 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

The pumpkin picture is my absolute favorite. Happy birthday!!!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Adorable!

5:56 PM  
Blogger The Q said...

How sweet! How adorable!

What a handsome young boy :-)

Happy Birthday Critter!!!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Oh Happy Birthday Critter!

Today is my Uncles 58th birthday!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

What a sweet boy! Happy birthday Critter!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

What a beautiful post! Happy 3rd Birthday Critter! :)

12:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

how precious

1:11 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Happy Birthday Critter! That was such a sweet post!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

That was very sweet!
Happy Birthday!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So sweet...I hope you printed that for him to read years from now...Happy birthday to you both!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Happy Birthday. He is too cute. 3 years - I can't even image Bug doing any of that yet. But I know it will be here before I know it.

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home