Friday, September 08, 2006

SPF: War of the Worlds

Welcome to Friday, Stuff Portrait Friday to be specific.

Kristine's directions are to hunt down and snap photos of the following things:

This is a ‘thinking’ SPF. Yes, no kids…no dogs…no cats.

1. Your Freedom
2. Your Hope
3. Your Wish

Keep in mind, it’s ‘Your World’.

I followed the directions.....mostly;)


My Freedom

freedom

One of the things no one tells you about being a parent is that you will never be alone, ever again...or at least until your kids realize what a dork you are, and want nothing more to do with you. I llooooovve my time alone. I used to really enjoy the commute to my job because it was quiet, I could think, and I was alone. I adore my kids, but I really miss being in my car by myself. To look in the rearview mirror and see 3 empty car seats is my view of freedom.


My Wish...

wish

...is that these are not the only two colors I see this fall and winter. After 3 years of harsh summers, very mild winters, and practically no rain, I long for true seasons. Maybe this year?


My Hope

IMG_3738

...is that my children will grow to be productive, faithful individuals who possess the warmth of the glow, the steadfastness of the flames, and the knowledge of the power being in community with others. I'm reading this book, and it's having a profound effect on my thinking.

There are no pictures of kids, dogs, cats, so technically I followed the rules. My family is a huge chunk of my world, and to cut them out completely discounts the real me.

Did you play?

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh- the last shot is so very pretty.

I hear you about the drive time!

Happy SPF and I played too!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Time to yourself is the absolute best, no?

8:28 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

The quietness of my commute is what keeps me sane. :) I'm so with you on longing for real seasons this year. I mean, seasons as far as Texas goes... it would be nice for it to be actually cold on Christmas. :P

I played! :)

9:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It often freaks me out when I'm driving somewhere alone and I look back and see an empty carseat. Which doesn't happen often because when I leave him with someone I usually leave the carseat too!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Kami said...

LOVE your freedom shot.

Great photos!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

NO CAR SEATS! now that is freedom!!

I remember the day I took that last car seat out of my van. I did a happy dance of joy!!

*hug*

11:46 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

I definitely love it when I get to drive somewhere alone!

I played!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love my commute to work. Love. LOVE. LOVE it!

It was hard to keep the kids out of my post too. Nice way of bringing them in. I couldn't link to the book. What is it?

1:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh.. I played.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Suzanne R said...

Great SPF! Family is my life, too, even though they're grown and gone. Then there are the grandkids -- wonderful!

I played.

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the leave, I did a similar one a couple days ago. Yours is more crisp, tho! what kind of camera do you use?

Oh...and I loved the last paragraph...so very true!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Ed from Texas said...

I can definitely appreciate the freedom of the empty seats from time to time.

Nice SPF and thanks for stopping by.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Leska McCall said...

oK, I fixed the link. You can check out the book now.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Leska McCall said...

Thank you Janet. There's not a link to your page, so I can't come visit.

I use a Canon D60. You can check out my other photos at flickr by clicking on any photo.
Have a great weekend!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Awww... yours are so creative and cute!

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you take fantastic photos. I love your wish and your hope for your children s beautiful.

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty pictures. Before you know it the car seats will be gone and you will have a load of teenagers going to a dance and all of them have on different cologne and acting so squirrly. Good times.

6:16 AM  
Blogger sometrouble said...

great spf! we all think alike...I love driving by myself. that was my freedom too! I played.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I heart time to myself.

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful shots!!!

-lucky

9:04 AM  
Blogger MitMoi said...

A complete stranger lurking to say I love the shot of "My Hope" ...

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home