Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Take One!

Well, crap.
As you can see, I've been messing around with my template. I lost all my links, even though I used a test....Obviously this will be an ongoing project, stay tuned for 'take 2'.

In other breaking news, we have to have a 'take 2' for the annual bluebonnet picture. Found the perfect spot, actually ironed the kids' clothes (I know! Me, iron!), got all the proper equipment loaded, made it to the site, got everyone arranged,......

and Little Bit started crying.....

and the Critter started picking his nose...

and Lulu was only interested in trying to snag a pretty flower to put in her mouth.


Even though I knew it wasn't going to get any better, I just kept clicking away, and 78 shots later, still had nothing remotely usable. I'm just glad I wasn't paying someone else to take the picture. But I did get one winner, albeit of a different sort:
Behold!
The one frame! That has everyone! Engaged in their inappropriate photograph behaviour!
At the same time!

I know you're all jealous of my mad photograpy skillz. Stay tuned for another go at it, hopefully a more successful one.

As I vacuumed our bedroom this morning, I had to take note of the nastiness that comes out of our carpet. I vacuum somewhere every day, but since I started going bald, I do so even more often in our bedroom and bathroom. I had just emptied out the cannister yesterday: it's the kind made of clear plastic you can see into, and after just one vacuuming it was half full again with the most disgusting mix of, of.........all the lovely stuff we've been walking on, and my kids have been rolling around in, etc. It's kind of like a car wreck: I can't NOT look, even though it gives me the willies.

I just got all the kids' winter clothes boxed up and stored...whew! Having sets of both winter and spring/summer stuff in multiple sizes for all three kids crowding the closets was driving me crazy. Now maybe that twitch will subside...

As I was putting the boxes in the attic I thought about what a huge job it's going to be to sell all the kids' stuff when the time comes for that. I've always used empty diaper boxes to store their clothes in: I always have several, they're free, sturdy, of a uniform size, and there's no mistaking what's inside. With 3 kids, the stack has now grown to about 30.

Too much to do....family picture on Friday, egg hunt Saturday, house guests Saturday night, Daddy McAustin's birthday on Sunday, my handbell choir plays Sunday, church retreat meeting Sunday afternoon.....

I'll be back...at some point.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Q said...

I know it's not the "ideal" picture you were hoping for, but it sure is cute!!!

Sounds like you have a busy (understatement) weekend ahead! Have fun...take more pictures ;-)

I like the new look of your template. Very "springy" (which I'm in such desperate need of in rainy, dreary CA at this time!)

3:48 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Well aren't they just lovely in the bluebells! I love that they are all doing their own thing. Thank God for digital cameras with lots of memory eh?

I had my own experience with this and blogged about it here:

http://anybodysguess1.blogspot.com/2004/12/elusive-christmas-pic-pictorial-bit-of.html

6:53 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Please tell me where you found this perfect spot. I have been driving all over Austin looking and can't find one.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

LOL at that photo. That is hilarious. Haven't we all been in that same exact situation? So frustrating and what a perfect backdrop!

When I change my template I do it on a test blog, not my real one just in case I really screw up. When you change your template you lose your links unless you cut and paste them to the new one.... but I guess you see that now :(

I hope you figure out something you like! Let me know if you need help.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

That picture is priceless! The new template is really pretty! :)

10:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bwahahahahahahha...I hope you framed that one. Oh! Better yet...do I hear the words "Christmas card" floating around?

3:12 PM  
Blogger Sheri & SuZan said...

Oh that one is such a keeper. I like your new template too.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home