Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Randomness...

captive.vegan


I actually had intentions of playing Way Back Wednesday but TKW isn't doing it. So it will have to be the swill that's been swimming around my noggin the last few days.

~Lulu is climbing everything, and has figured out how to escape from baby jail. Several times over the last week I've found her standing on furniture not meant for standing, and unable to get down. I'm going to have to get some new gates.

~I can't go to Blogger Blowout in Dallas since the date changed, because that is the girl's birthday, and our Preschool fundraiser weekend that I have to attend. Wah.

~Yesterday morning as Little Bit, Lulu and I ran along Town Lake, a man passed us on his bicycle, traveling pretty fast. He had a small toddler sitting on his shoulders, and they were both wearing backpacks, and it appeared they were late on their way to somewhere. Hum.....

~While eating lunch at Costco last week, we encountered 4 little boys playing in the line area of the snack bar. They were extremely loud and were throwing toys - figurines 6-12 inches tall - through the air and the sliding across the floor to retrieve them. There was no adult managing them, or even trying to get them under control, and I couldn't tell to whom they belonged. They hit several people waiting in line to order, and still the mother didn't say anything. My boys even commented that their mama should make them be quiet. You know it's bad whene preschoolers know it's bad behavior. Finally, after 10 minutes or so of this, the manager came and inquired whose kids they were, and told her to get them under control. That is how bad it was. I used to watch those nanny shows and really thought that the people were playing it up for the cameras. Now I know that they are real. Scary.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kami said...

That sucks that you can't come. DARNIT.

That girl is getting too big way too fast.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

That stinks that you cant come but very exciting that Lulu is turning 1!

It is so sad to see the lack of parenting some people have!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

It never fails to shock me the cluelessness of some peeps.

Yeah, I can't go either and I'm mad because I seriously thought it was a no brainer that my ass would be there. Damn.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

That is the most adorable picture!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

I can't go to BB either. WAH!

just stick Lulu in a dog crate.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Leska McCall said...

I actually have a Pyrenees-sized one in the garage. I've contemplated it more than you'll ever know....

9:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Smile 'cause WBW is back this week!!!

OK, I just want to eat Lulu's cheeks...she'd adorable!

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home