Thursday, October 19, 2006

Stuff Portrait Friday: Easy...

...or at least that's what Kristine says.
She wants us to show our kitchen sink, something that we will throw away right after we take a photo of it, and something that needs fixing.

The Kitchen Sink...
in reality

kitchen.sink

and ...

everything.but

...interpreted.


What I hate about my kitchen sink is that it faces away from the room where everyone gathers during a gathering. What I love about my kitchen sink is the view outside. If I stand on tiptoes (I'm kinda short) I can watch my boys play outside down the hill. If I look straight out I can see the beautful Texas Hillcountry, and every so often I catch a fabulous sunset.


Something I Will Throw Away After I Take Its Picture:
incredible.edible
The shells from my lovely hardboiled eggs from breakfast.


Something That I Need To Fix
fix.it
Whovever thought that popup books were appropriate for 3 year olds was completely nuts. My kids are generally very gentle, but it seems I spend my life repairing these things....


Did you play? I try ( note...TRY) to make it by every one who leaves me a comment.
Have a fantabulous weekend!



16 Comments:

Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I played as well!

Pop up books are a pain they always rip, always!

The view from the sink sounds wonderful!

9:47 PM  
Blogger hemlock said...

Awe man, I thought I would be the first!!!

Beautiful pics. I LOVE your kitchen sink. I hope that when I finally grow up and live in a house of my own, I'll have a sink with a view.

Great egg shell shot too! (read that five times fast!)

I also played!

10:17 PM  
Blogger san said...

ah, your kitchen sink is beautiful! I like how it sits in the corner of the room!

also, i love the egg shell shot! nice job!

happy spf.. i played, too.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Kelley said...

My son is hideously hard on pop-up books too. I always thought it was just him...

Your sink is so pretty.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Kami said...

Ooooh yeah. Pop up books. You are good for repairing them.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

I love the perspective of your photos! The interpreted sink is probably my favorite.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Suzanne R said...

Super SPF! Your kitchen sink area is beautiful! I like being able to look out the window from mine, too. And pop-up books -- I never have been very good at repairing them. It's great that you can do that!

I played.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

OH HELL NO, you do not have a rooster in your kitchen!?
FOR REALS?
You have been in Texas toooooooo long.

Time for a visit to California.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

I also wanted to add; DAMN girl, youi'r pictures that are on Flickr are F****ing BEAUTIFUL!

So rich with colors and life. I love your work.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Great pics! I love the interpretive one of the sink.

I played!

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos! :-) Love the broken pop up book photo and the surface it's on. I played, too! have a great weekend.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Leska McCall said...

Thanks everyone. And so, Kristine, you come here and dis my rooster (it's not even the live one;), and then leave me super nice photo praise? Not right woman.....

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome pix! I'm very jealous of your sink!!

I played too :)

10:25 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

My aunt is all about the roosters in the kitchen too. When she first said it, I was like "Um, ok...roosters?" In her space it looks perfect thought. I think the spot for yours is perfect.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOVE the shot of the eggshells! That would make an awesome poster!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Frig, girl. You can take a picture like nobody's bizness.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home