Thursday, July 28, 2005

Stuff Portrait Friday: the Bedroom


Q: What do you get when you mix a move to a new city while seven months pregnant, 2 babies in 2 years, MANY unexpected home improvement outlays, and a husband that travels?

A: My boring master bedroom!

Also, I'm still a bit hung over from the food poisoning, T-I-R-E-D of playing single mom, and ready for Daddy McAustin to get back to the US. Not feeling very creative tonight.

How about that for a rivetting intro to make you want to scroll down asap? Here we go....

Our bed...the linens really are clean, it's just a trick of the lights. Geez, I can't even take a straight picture, I really need to go to bed.....

My dresser...notice there is only 1 baby picture...have the other one (and I really do love him just as much!), just haven't gotten around to putting it in the frame. Baby monitor, cell charger, and phone strategically placed so small hands can't make any more overseas calls. Can you say BARE......we're not much for the tchochkes. Can I just tell you that in my not-so-observant current state I almost got my head cut off by the ceiling fan trying to take this? Yes, I'm that dedicated!

My favorite "jammies"....these are what I wear when I'm lounging, which would be ..... NEVER! OK, when I'm sick I wear these. Enough said.

That concludes our program for today. Now WAKE UP and go see Kristine to find someone else's that's more interesting.

17 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Awww, I hope you're feeling better soon. (((hug)))

Personally, I really like your bedroom! I had to lol at your crooked picture, and near decapitation though, lol!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

I really like your bedroom furniture! Your pj's are super cute too!:-)

7:33 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Wonderful bed. It's all very tidy and pretty. NOT BORING. I would like to move in, really.

8:26 AM  
Blogger The Q said...

I too laughed at the dedication to the point of almost decapitation thing! I have taken it up a notch that I've actually been stupid enough to stand on the bed AND almost get hit in the head WHILE trying to clean the ceiling fan. Why wouldn't I have turned it off PRIOR to trying to clean it you ask? Because I'm that dorky sometimes! GAH!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Kami said...

I wear my pj's anytime I'm home! Do it!! :)

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Near decapitation--isn't it funny the lengths that we'll go to in order to get good pics for SPF?

Great pics!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love how UNCLUTTERED your dresser is, unlike mine. I need to do something about it. I like your furniture too. At least you have a headboard and footboard, not like me :(

Hey, I know what it's like to be a single mommy for awhile while dad is off traveling, but you can do it and he'll be home soon enuff. *Hug*

10:08 AM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Great bedroom. I love the furniture I played too.

Had to do the big cleanup beforehand too.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

What is with the vents right above your bed? Are those air conditioning vents?
Oh man...I want 2 of those. I will never have those hot bed flashes again!!

Scootch over, i'm sleeping with you tonight!!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Book Bums said...

Bare means clean...which is not necessarily a bad thing at all...

12:43 PM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Love the dresser and the lack of "stuff" on it! Less to move on cleaning day...which in my house comes once a fiscal quarter.

I hate to be acused of being overly neat.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the pattern on your bedspread - too cute! And I smacked my head of the roof taking a photo of my dresser and the photo came out kinda wrong so I had to take some standing next to my bed.

Hope you feel better soon.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Cool bed!! Love the jammies too, they look really comfy. I like the tank/pj bottoms!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Big Heavy said...

i find you quite interesting.
bighev

5:32 PM  
Blogger KGrams said...

It looks like you could bounce a quarter on that bed it's so pristine and neat, although a little crooked.

I think you should get bonus points for risking life and neck to take your pictures. LOL

5:59 PM  
Blogger Leska McCall said...

The bed doesn't look like that all the time....only when Daddy McAustin is OOT. He NEVER makes the bed! Yes, there are 2 AC vents just above the bed, and they are FAB! Even if they look crappy, I don't care. It stays really cold in there, just the way I like it...I think we've had the heat on in there twice in the winters...and it does occasionally freeze in austin.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Tina M said...

I know, I know, I'm late as usual! Sorry!! Just now getting arounr to replying for SPF.

Am I the only one in the world with a messy bedroom? When I clean house, everything I cleaned out of the other rooms always manages to find it's way to my room!

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home